The North Down Bangor Tower house serves as a tourist information centre for Bangor, County Down and Northern Ireland. The 17th Century tower and adjoining house is located along the seafront in Bangor, County Down. The building was originally the town’s old Custom house and was built in 1637 by lowland Scot named Sir James Hamilton. Throughout it’s 300 year history the building has served many purposes from private dwellings, an antique shop and housing hot seawater baths. According to a report from the Department of Environment this 17th Century building was added to the “List of buildings with special interest” as very few buildings remain still intact and still in use today from that time period in Northern Ireland and in fact all of Ireland.
‘Architect of Sound‘ is pleased to say that North Down Bangor Tower House are stocking and selling two ‘Aos’ Interactive Audio / Sound Postcards related to tourism in Northern Ireland. You can read about these Interactive Audio / Sound Postcards by clicking here. See the shop designs below:
The Giant's Causeway, County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
‘Merlin’ Steam Locomotive. Celebrating 150 years of Bangor – Belfast train line, Northern Ireland.
To visit the Website of the North Down Tower tourist centre click on the link below:
Thanks to North Down Tower House staff.